Skip to main content

Comments

Submitted by Jim Bryans (not verified) on 21 May 2020 - 16:46 Permalink

I had a close encounter with the business end of Volpe’s 303 not long before he killed that school teacher. His nephew said he built a house by himself. It was made from bricks he fashioned from local clay & tailings from old cyanide leaching plant (gold treatment). Not a big place, it was about 400 yards from where I lived. He also installed a running track which he would use naked except for army boots and his 303. Some years later he also murdered a nurse in Brisbane. My late father was a psychiatric nurse who new him well & described him as extremely intelligent, but calculating and pure evil.

Submitted by Robert (not verified) on 19 Aug 2019 - 16:13 Permalink

This man i never knew well but he is my Mothers only sibling. He was valedictorian of his high school and at Niagara Falls university i believe it was and was very successful as a economist and left the U.S.A. to Australia to Build a house by himself, which he did. He then started having problems from within i guessbwe could say. He was given a little money by his mother at times but also asked permission ofbthe hospital he isn confined in to handle his own finances there and was granted permission..
He knows how to make money. Better than most anyone because honestly he is that smart. I dont know if he is still living but helped me when his mother who i took care of for many years passed. All i can say is genius minds have been in every generation in my family , missing me of course. But i am glad because its seemed to be of a omen. My daughter got the gift is you can call it that, and it scares me immensely.

Submitted by Alfred Armstrong on 28 Jan 2013 - 10:06 Permalink

He is or was quite well-off. I can't remember the exact details but I believe he was quite successful as an electronics engineer, and he may also have inherited some money as well. I guess the Australian system is quite liberal in what it allows inmates to do,
Submitted by Buckaroo Banzai (not verified) on 28 Jan 2013 - 05:30 Permalink

I'm going to look for this, but the obvious question is, how does a man inside of an institution find the means and resources to publish a book?

Submitted by Robert (not verified) on 19 Aug 2019 - 16:13 Permalink

Submitted by Alfred Armstrong on 28 Jan 2013 - 10:06 Permalink

Submitted by mr. mike (not verified) on 08 Jan 2012 - 21:04 Permalink

His story reminds me of some of the letters or handbills reproduced by Donna Kossey on her Kooks Museum website; there is a little bit of Francis E. Dec*, but Volpe's tone resembles David Fratus' letter on the remote control electronic brain punishment he endured in a Utah prison in the 1980s, or George Dahl's claim that a New York City blackout in 1982 was stage managed by secret policemen to see what he would do. ______________ * Without the crazy spelling or the racism, but with the belief that secret forces are controlling his bodily functions.
Submitted by Tiresias (not verified) on 28 Aug 2010 - 22:48 Permalink

'My experience has been that they would like me to ... be a women's liberationist, be a gay liberationist' doesnt sound so bad to me - dude just go with it. if I had ESP I would be so much worse. I would become that little voice in your ear going 'lets find out if the skinhead in front of you is ticklish'